25 July 2012

Visit to Deer Lake

**click the photo on the left for more photos**

Last week I spent a few days visiting my grandmother and uncle in Deer Lake, the weather was lovely and I came home very well fed.

I took a stroll around town and found an excellent chip truck...well chip, fish, wings and poutine? The Strawberry Festival was taking place on the weekend so I wandered down to where the festivities were taking place to check it out.


My uncle has one fine little veggie garden growing in the backyard, we actually ate some of the greens in a salad for dinner one evening and they were delicious! Next year lettuce and spinach might be on our to grow list. My grandmother has stuck to growing flowers, and they are as beautiful as ever this year.


I spent quite a bit of time on Friday morning at the Deer Lake Library. It really doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's bright and cozy on the inside. On Thursday we went to Corner Brook, and while the second picture has a snippet of a parking lot in it, there are some lovely low mountains beyond it:


While I've eaten (and blogged) about fish and brewis before I took the time to learn how to make it and took detailed notes! From left to right: onions, cooked fat back (scrunchins), uncooked fat back, nan stirring up the onions, cooked potatoes, the finished product. And I know, it doesn't look like much but it's SOOOO tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.