29 January 2013

Cape Breton Adventure

This past weekend Greg and I packed up our snowshoes and headed out with some friends to spend a few days in Cape Breton - where there is snow!

We stayed just outside of Baddeck in cottages and had a beautiful view of the Bras d'Or Lake.


We had lunch and headed out on Saturday afternoon for a great snowshoe through the trails behind the cottages. There were some hilarious adventures through the woods on no path in particular - thankfully I had my Garmin to track just how far we went (6.07km to be precise!):



Some interesting finds along the trail:




On Sunday we packed up after a lovely evening and lazy morning to head towards Usige Ban Falls. We were treated by an amazing (mostly) frozen waterfall and an excellent trail. It was really perfect for snowshoeing, particularly because of the fresh falling snow.

I tried to set up for a group picture before we took off, but my first attempt wasn't successful:





I took a bit of video one this hike:



This hike was a bit shorter, 5.22km:


No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.