19 February 2013

Mardi Gras, Pictou County Style

After being postponed a week due to weather we were finally able to celebrate Mardi Gras in Pictou County! It was held at The Palace, above the Stone Soup Cafe (who catered the event) and was a super fun time.

Greg was decked out in the finest mish mash of Frenchy's attire and I was a bit more modest just wearing lots of purple and a mask. While I didn't make the mask I'm wearing (below) I learned that having a mask on a stick is challenging and it's best to go with a mask on a string. Thankfully our friends came prepared with extra masks:


Snazzy friends (top), we made up a game: who can get three strings of beads on their bottle the quickest (bottom) - endless creativity at this table:


Headbanging in his grandmother's wig, really just showing how well it stays on. I was impressed:


There was a band, so there was lots of dancing, the food was amazing and we paraded around the room showing off our costumes. A colourful and very fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.