16 October 2011

Science in St. Andrews on a Sunday

I volunteered my time today to nerd it up with some High School students at the Huntsman Marine Science Centre in St. Andrews. The field trip was part of their course work, oh how I wish my high school classes had field trips like these!!

There was some rocky shore investigation (sampling/checking out the biodiversity/mud nearly sucking off rubber boots) and then we headed into the super brand new and fancy aquarium to check out the touch tanks and seals.

The beautiful building with the deck is actually the aquarium

Just a tree stump hanging out on the short

Harbour Seal

Lobster...it looks cooked but it's not! That's it's natural colour

Salmon

Wolf fish - super scary!!

After our adventures at the Huntsman we headed into St. Andrews for a bite to eat and some wandering around. So when I spied a 'place your head here' cutout I couldn't resist. This was in front of a candy store, and I'm assuming I was supposed to be Willy Wonka.


No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.