17 December 2011

Christmas Movie (& Music) Madness

Well, not really madness, but it seemed to make a better post title.

Like many other people Greg and I indulge in a variety of excellent classic Christmas movies and also a bit of the less than classic movies.

We are saving the best (Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Family Christmas, A Christmas Story) for this week, but so far these are the gems we've taken in:

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source


The next movie, Fred Claus, reminded me that when actors have children they end up in bizarre movies.  Vince Vaughn, well that's not too much of a stretch, but Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacy, Kathy Bates, Rachel Weisz, the list goes on!
It really wasn't too bad of a movie, other than the parts that were created so kids could have a dance or laugh at quick moving clips of Fred and Santa flying through the main street in the North Pole strung together. 

One of the best parts of this movie was that I learned about a new to me Christmas song, Christmas Wrapping. It's from the 80's but I don't think I'd heard of it until Fred Claus. 

Check it out:


If you don't know the Waitresses you might know their song I Know What Boys Like:


Back to Christmas Wrapping, in searching for a video for the song I came across two covers, one makes sense, the other just seems strange. I'll let you decide which is which:



Oh yea, and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges was in the movie as an elf, a DJ elf - of course! And he has a Christmas rap: Ludacrismas, you can't resist:

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.