08 March 2011

It's Pancake Day!

Also known as Shrove Tuesday but in my world much better known as Pancake Day!

I remember when I was in elementary school and we'd have assembly's for Pancake Day.  Kids from each class in each grade would race against each other. In the spirit of Pancake Day they would put on some type of get-up (a silly chef's hat and an apron) and run with a frying pan (containing a pancake) in their hand get to one end of the gym, flip their pancake and then run back to where they started from. The kid that got back first won but I'm not sure if they actually won anything other than bragging rights.

In honour of Pancake Day and because pancakes are delicious Greg and I made pancakes for dinner. Sadly I didn't take a photo of them, but they looked like the normal pancakes we make so I'm sure there is a photo of them somewhere on my blog.

What is special about this post is that I'm going to share our pancake recipe with you as they are the best pancakes ever (in my humble opinion).

THE BEST PANCAKES EVER!

2 C flour (preferably whole wheat)
2 eggs
1 whole can (1 1/2 - 2 cups) of coconut milk
75g butter (melted)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C flaxseed meal (optional)
1/2 C water (optional)

Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then mix in the wet ingredients one by one. Stir it all together and let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. If the batter is too thick just add water bit by bit up to 1/2 C until it's more of a reasonable consistency.


Okay - I took a few minutes seconds to find a post with a picture of pancakes that we made. It took a lot of effort so hopefully you appreciate it. Those one have blueberries in them, something I didn't add to the recipe but really you can toss in whatever you'd like into pancakes - berries, chocolate, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.