02 January 2012

Good Reading

I have been reading Bill Bryson's At Home for the past few weeks (I've renewed it from the library at least once!) and it's a wonderful blend of history and random facts you would never thought of seeking.

Source

You can check out the first few pages of the book here in a preview through Random House.

Greg made the observation that this is the first non-fiction book that I've read so diligently, this might be true. I certainly haven't flown through any text books in the past.

Bryson has a number of other books that explore many day-to-day things that I have never paused to think about. We own A Short History of Nearly Everything (which is a great source of science breakthroughs and theories) that I started reading but got swept up with teaching and never finished. I'll get back to it soon!


1 comment:

  1. I have his book "The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got That Way," and it is great! I also have his book "A Walk in the Woods," which is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.