02 January 2012

Homemade Socks

I finally did it! I made a sock!

It doesn't seem like a big accomplishment but I've been at it for a long time, starting in the fall and not finishing it up until last week. I took a break from knitting my own socks to make a slew of Christmas presents, so now I'm back on the socks.

I followed the pattern on Silver's Sock Class website and it was pretty straightforward and I only got frustrated with the whole heel turning business. I had a hard time visualizing just how it was all going to come together, but it worked out in the end.

Almost there!



I was worried that it was going to be too big around the ankle as it looked that way as I knit along. But I should not have questioned the pattern as it fits perfectly!

Hopefully it doesn't take me as long to knit the second sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.