20 February 2011

Hey Rosetta

Hey Rosetta played in Fredericton on Thursday and I was fortunate enough to be in town AND have zero commitments the next morning. Since I'm accustomed to going to bed by 10PM each night the latter was very lovely.

They played at the Boyce Farmers' Market (where I also saw The Hold Steady in the fall) and this time I had ear plugs in hand, the last show was pretty loud.

The opening bands was Gramacy Riffs, they are also from St. John's Newfoundland. They weren't too shabby, some songs were kind of cheesy, but over all they were good. They have both a female and male vocalist and the male really reminded me of James Mercer (from the Shins and Broken Bells) in a good way.

Here is a fuzzy photo of them:


And here is a fuzzy photo of Hey Rosetta:


Although I REALLY appreciate that bands play in Fredericton and the selected venue is about 15 minutes from my apartment I would REALLY appreciate it if they used risers or somehow made the entire stage about 1 foot (or more!) higher. It's pretty hard to see what's going on, especially if you are behind some of the tallest people in the world which I must have been on Thursday. But that's just one small downside I can deal with.

Hey Rosetta's new album, Seeds, is pretty awesome. It's in the same vein as their last two albums but it's different in a good way. There are currently three songs from Seeds on their myspace which I strongly suggest you listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.