25 January 2011

New Music

First, I just wanted to point out that it's January 25 and a month since Christmas - holy crap! Where did the time go?

Well now that I have that out of the way, I want to share something that You Tube suggested to me. Most of the time I ignore the suggestions as they are often in left field. But today I listened to a performance by Matt Mays on Q - you can check that out here - and a suggested video was one by a duo called First Ait Kit.

Now first I thought it was a band from Halifax, which I thought had the same name, so I was surprised to see a pairs of young ladies singing in the woods.

I kept listening and was pleasantly surprised:



And there are more catchy songs, such as this one!



I'm blown away by this girls as their super reliable source Wikipedia page says that they were teenagers when they released this EP with the above songs on. They are like a Sweedish Tegan and Sara..or something like that.

Here is their myspace page, it has 30 second teasers of some of their tunes.

They even covered a Fleet Foxes song!

1 comment:








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.