29 April 2010

Cape Breton Vacation in Pictures - Part II

One more from the top of Franny, lots and lots of snow! Greg is just so photogenic so I can't resist posting so many photos of him :) 

I will eventually have a few of Greg's photos to post snaps of me - I was there, I promise, photographic evidence to come!

Nothing like starting a day where you'll be on the road with a big hearty breakfast!  









 We stayed at the Knotty Pines Cottages in Ingonish Ferry, I apparently thought you needed a sign shot:
It was a great place with a wonderful view and an incredible amount of real and fake wood - on the walls, the floor, the ceiling, definitely living up to its name.

An important item in this room - the TV! Although we were all about hiking last weekend the playoffs are on so it's great to be able to take it in as well. 


View of Franny from our cottage, I think it's the middle bump - maybe?






At the top of North Mountain we stopped for a photo op of the crazy amounts of snow on the sides of the road. It was actually higher than the car!


Again Al and Janice, I'm SO impressed with your bike trip!

On the way home - a pit stop in Cheticamp made for a nice snap of an old shed. Greg was taking a photo of Farley Mowat's boat which was just hanging out (sunk and neglected) in the river - well done Cheticamp!



It was an awesome trip, super glad we went when we did we had wonderful weather and I hope to get back to Cape Breton to get in a few other hikes in the future! 


I posted a few other photos on my Flickr account (see the right menu) as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.