22 April 2010

Personal Challenge

I found this idea in a magazine (I can't remember which one) which had a large section dedicated to organization. They highlighted closets since they are are an easy out when it comes to weeding things out - close the door and the mess is gone!

My issue is that I have a lot of clothes that I've collected over many, many years and I have a hard time parting with them. 

The magazine recommendation was to:
  1. Start with all of your hangers pointing in one direction (hook facing towards/away from you)
  2. As you wear your items and hang them back up just put the hanger in the opposite of how you started.
  3. I'm also putting all of the clothing that I've worn since the beginning of my challenge at one end of my closet just to have a better visualization of what I'm wearing.

I started my challenge about a week ago, and it seems that I only wear 5 pieces all of which are all hoodies or cardigans. This could have a lot to do with the lack of 'dress up' opportunities that I have had lately or that I have definite 'go to's'. Perhaps this could also be attributed to the amount of jeans and t-shirts I wear which are kept in drawers.
My goal is to have a large chunk of my wardrobe ready to donate or sell by the time I head to Fredericton in September and that this will help me make those difficult decisions  - to keep or not to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.