18 April 2010

Halifax Crafters, Spring Fling



This weekend the Halifax Crafters held their spring show, hopefully the wet and cold weather didn't keep away many crafter admirers since there were lots of lovely goodies to see and buy.


A view of the floor at the show:


After first seeing these woolly hats with little ear flaps this time last year and then again at the winter show last year I was determined that if I saw them this weekend I would pick one up. After taking one loop around I didn't see them so I took a second just in case. And there they were! The girl who makes them had just put them out, just my luck! After trying on a number of sizes and colours and seeking the advice from a couple of strangers I decided on a hat:


Nothing like the advice from complete strangers to help you make a decision. I also picked up a screen printed shirt, I really like the print and for $22 it was a great deal. Very happy with my purchase!


A zoomy view:


I also picked up what I thought was a card with the right image on the front since they were advertised as "cards". Turns out they were more like prints so I opened the package when I got home and there were two prints as you can see:


I'm not a huge fan of the mustache sporting, hat wearing guy, but the CBC/beaver is awesome!

More about the Halifax Crafters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to take a stab at your Crafty finds: the hat looks like Keeley McLean (she just opened North Pocket Studio with other textile artists). The bike print is definitely Kat Miller. The prints I am less sure about, so I'm not going to guess. (l-a of fpqt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the knowledge share! I'm definitely going to keep better track of crafters from here on in!

    ReplyDelete








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.