15 April 2010

It's A Dietary Miracle!


Could it be? Can I eat yogurt after 3 years of being jealous of yogurt eaters?

This yogurt (Astro Balkan Style) was suggested to me yesterday since I carried out a science experiment on myself with positive results.
I had lunch at the Wired Monk yesterday and I got a sandwich and asked for no cheese (as I have since January 2007) and after waiting for about 20 minutes it showed up but with a thin layer of cheese at the bottom waiting for me to complain.

But I didn't! Greg had told me only the night before that some cheeses have very low levels of lactose. So I took this lunch time moment as a sign that I should experiment with my digestive system. It helped that I was really hungry and I didn't want to send my sandwich back with the potential of it going straight into the garbage can. An hour after the sandwich I was still feeling okay, full, but okay. Success! It turns out that I didn't really like the cheese on the sandwich, it made it taste strange but that wasn't the point of my experiment.

After telling this story to someone yesterday evening, she suggested I try this yogurt since it seems to be easier on the o'l digestive system. I bought some yesterday and diced up banana, tossed in some granola and chowed down on something stricken from my diet for far, far too long. It was amazing! I was hoping it wasn't too good to be true, and it doesn't seem to be....so far at least.

My breakfast consisted of the same thing - yogurt, banana and granola. Maybe I'm pushing it, but I just couldn't resist! I'll have to take a yogurt break, take a few days off and resist yogurt overkill...yogurkill?

So this leads me to believe that I'm not lactose intolerant, and just have some sort of dairy sensitivity. I'll just keep on experimenting, but I won't be holding my breath for these days:

This awesome print is available on t-shirts through Threadless!

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.