15 April 2010

That Person On The Bus

This morning I was that person on the bus, you know the one that as soon as they sit down you regret your seat choice. For me 'that person' is usually someone who put their cigarette out on the bus as they got on and are ripe with fumes.

But today I smelt like burnt coffee and hard boiled eggs. This is not a smell anyone will be profiting on, ever.

For a workshop today with 22 grade twos I needed to boil eggs in coffee so they could make their own toothpaste and try to brush the coffee stains off the egg. I normally bike to work, but the thought of hopping on my bike this morning with those eggs wasn't something I wanted to pursue.

So it was the bus for me. Since I was completely aware of how awful I smell I tried to sit in the seat the furthest away from people, but that wasn't much of an option and so I was that person.

Sigh. All in the name of science education?

I put together a few photos of the process and where the eggs currently are - hanging out on the window ledge in the office in hopes that they will cool down a bit. This will no doubt result in the entire building smelling like sulfur, whoops!



No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.