21 June 2010

Mirami-WHAT?!

On Friday at about 4:30 Greg and I hit the o'l open road and headed towards New Brunswick. Destination, Miramichi (a place I often have a hard time spelling). It was party central this past weekend with Greg's family members getting older, graduating school and celebrating Father's Day.

Of course, this resulted in over consumption on every front and I'm still very, very full. All in all it was an excellent trip with lots of things to take photos of.

Impromptu photo opportunity in Rogersville; trying to be as cool as M. Tomate:


lots more photos after the jump




The fine wares inside of M. Tomate, classy:


Foxes live at Greg's parents house, they are fast (and CUTE!!):


A hoppin' downtown Miramichi Chatham on a Saturday:


A neat old timey Barber twirly thing (interesting roots) !


Who knew this was an issue in Chatham:


Miramichi is the Irish Capital of Canada, so I'm assuming these great cut-outs are because of that fact:


This one is for Children, or Ali's:


This is just great, everyone can get their beauty on at the same time:


I really like the older buildings:


So many Picaroons to choose from!


A summer pilsner they have out, since they are such big bottles the last of the beer was warm due to the amazing amount of heat on Saturday:


Such deals they have in Miramichi:


My first swim of 2010 - I was the first in the pool for the season, so I got $2, WAHOO!


On the way back to Halifax, we stopped at M. Tomate to take more photos. We didn't spy this sneaky fellow the first time:


A close up (check out that wacky eye):


Greg the conductor, putting his hat to work:


I don't think this 'play train' is meant for adults, but what the hey!


I love this little bread chef (Bryan - I think he is just right):


One last one: Flower of the Weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.