26 June 2010

Saturday Morning Halifax

Since my plans of going to Fredericton today to check out potential apartments were crushed (both apartments I was going to look at were taken by yesterday evening!) I decided to spend the later part of the morning and early afternoon to bike around the city, check out a library book, do some banking and hang out at the Wired Monk for awhile.

Really, that's much better than driving in a car for a whole day, even if I don't have an apartment...right?

As usual I was armed with my camera.

I found more chalk art, this time in front of the Spring Garden Library. It had started to rain so it's a bit it's a bit flecked (but still pretty!):


I also found this sign on the lawn of the library, doesn't it seem a bit strange since it's a public space? But maybe I'm just not clear what loitering means. Does it mean reading your book under the nice big trees on the lawn? :


A very nice entrance way to a home on Hollis Street, I really like the stone/bricks on the ground:


One of the most fantastic pieces of wall art in the city. Next to the Wired Monk, on Hollis. I can't remember what's in this building, whoops! :

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.