08 June 2010

Ottawa - Photo Journal Style

Due to an inability to upload photos at the hotel I where I was staying in Ottawa, all of my snap happy times had to wait until I got home. That time is now.

And that means it's sharing time. Here is a summary of my visit in photo form!

Photos after the jump!



A view from the plane, my very first Porter flight (sorry Dad!)


A questionable looking Owl, who will swoop you onto the bus (apparently late at night)


Teacher Street Cred - Allison and her bike as she sets off to work. Being the wonderful and long time friend that she is I stayed with her on Tuesday night - Thanks Allison!



Before Matt and I headed to the Canadian War Museum, we stopped by the Byward Market:


Tourist Hat!






We made our way to the Canadian War Museum where most of the day was spent:




Poppies growing on top of the Museum


A giant wheel - hooray!


Canadian Marketing


Part of the Camouflage Exhibit

This was some sort of tree chopper on a side street, it clearly has the best name ever:


Misleading up close, but hilarious from afar. The headline doesn't have anything to do with the photo, but the photo is amazing. Apparently two moose were running around in an Ottawa suburb and nothing could really stop them. Awesome!


Just another cool sign in Ottawa:


An old building next to a new one, I prefer the old:


Parliament, wouldn't be a trip to Ottawa without a photo:



One fantastic Gargoyle hanging outside of Parliament:


One of the interestingly intricate ceilings in Parliament:


The library in Parliament, much nicer than the Spring Garden Branch:


At the top of the Peace Tower:


A view from the Peace Tower:


Outside the National Gallery:


The ceiling inside part of the Gallery:


I followed the rules on the Galleries brochure and it said I was allowed to take photos, so I took a few. I later got in trouble from a guard, whoopsie!

These to folks look like the same dude, just in women and mens clothing. I laughed a lot, maybe I don't appreciate art the way I should:


One I liked:


The Heritage Minute photo - HOORAY!


The old-timey conference gang out for a bevie:


The reason I was at the conference, with a paper crane on the top :)


A storm's a brewin' in O-town:

We went to the most amazing baseball game EVER! It seems Ottawa has a baseball team named the Fat Cats. The best part is that they used to be called the Ottawa Lynx, but I guess due to a lack of something or other and a period of weight gain they became the Fat Cats. Their mascot is a big purple cat, named Grape - AMAZING!


It's tradition to go to this Shawarma place called Maroosh - you dance on the counter and the guy gives you a kiss on the cheek - it's bizarre and amazing:


Gang signs were thrown:


This was a sign outside Maroosh - I'm not sure what it means:


Loving the science mascot:


And that was my trip to Ottawa, and it's Tuesday and I'm still tired. There's no jet lag to point to as the reason, so I'm going to go with a an overload of knowledge, friends and awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.