15 June 2010

Most Hilarious Dinner Ever

Also most strange and interesting.

I went to "The Dragon King Buffet" today. I got there at 4:30PM and didn't leave until about 7PM. Who knew you could spend so much time sitting and eating at a Chinese restaurant? I certainly didn't.

I was invited by a professor who works in the same building as I do, and he invited another inhabitant of our cozy three story old-timey Dalhousie home.

Awhile back I was invited out for traditional Chinese food since I'll be leaving at the end of the summer, and apparently it was one of the things that was necessary before I left for o'l NB. Today was the day for consumption!

After two trips to the buffet (and trying many new to me dumplings) our Chinese food tour guide ordered this dish:


It has tofu, shrimp, mushrooms, green onion, squid (cut in a very interesting way), a few other things and the inside of a cows stomach - no big thing.

I was also peer pressured into ordering hilarious cocktails - virgin of course since I had the soccer mom van to drive home. I was the proud consumer of a Shirley Temple and a Virgin Colada.

The peer pressure didn't stop there. I had strict instructions to pick up an assortment of Chinese cookies as I went around the buffet for a third time. "It's okay if you don't like them, take one bite and that's it":


I've been home for about an hour now and I'm fearful of falling into a food coma. Hopefully I can make it until tomorrow!

PS. Although I am grateful for both the company and the food - I had an interesting and enjoyable time but I'm not going to advise anyone to eat at the Dragon King Buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.