05 May 2010

Adventures in New Brunswick

From today until Friday I will be in New Brunswick for a work-related training conference. A number of new staff members started just last week so we thought it would be an awesome idea to kick off the spring/summer season by climbing trees and whizzing around on zip lines. 
We hit up Tree Go Moncton this afternoon for some hilariously awkward times doing both of those things while having a perma-wedgie from the harness. This is NOT me knocking the harness, it just had a thing for creeping up in places it shouldn't have been. 

After getting slightly lost getting to the location (I find Moncton terribly confusing) we made it and the fun times followed:

It got progressively challenging and you got further and further away from the ground. There was definitely some lulling into a false sense of security going on

Me on a ZIP LINE!


Thumbs Up - Over one of the more challenging bridges (that's what this point a to point b without a zip line is called). There were lots of new "Ali" sounds created to express my feelings about the situation. I imagine the birds in the forest were a bit confused:


We left Moncton and headed to Fredericton (the conference is at UNB) and hit up a restaurant that Greg suggested, El Burrito Loco, for some fine Mexican food. There were several hilarious things about this place and also lots of yummy food that has left me very full three hours later. 

One of these awesome things is that there are pictures of people, perhaps patrons, perhaps not, under the plexi glass table top:


Another awesome thing is that they give you hats to wear when you are done eating! I'm assuming these hats have been around for ages since 90% of them are falling apart. But it was definitely something worth taking a photo of. Sadly this photo is a bit fuzzier than I'd like, but it hopefully gets the point across:


And after all of our yummy food I snapped a photo of their fancy schmancy sign - I particularly admire the font they selected. There is a sign on the side of the building that I forgot to take a photo of that also says their name - it's much more seedy and suited to the hilarious atmosphere. Alas, you get a one sided perspective of how they show themselves to the world:


We are going bowling tomorrow, so there will be no doubt more shenanigans to be had!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to get the full El Burrito Loco experience with hats and all. Even I have never been so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since our group size is so big (16 people) they only had enough hats for half of us. So being the good people we are there are a lot of sharing and swapping involved.

    Mexican food inspires sharing I think :)

    ReplyDelete








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.