25 May 2010

Long Live The Queen

I don't know how this post slipped through my fingers while madly posting on the weekend.

Greg and I checked out the Saturday evening/night show at the North Street Church which featured a number of great bands/acts. Getting the tickets was a bit tricky however, I tried to buy them at Ticket Pro outlets, but they only sold the all access pass and not tickets to individual shows. The guy at the outlet was really nice and he tried to help me figure out where I could buy tickets, but no luck.

More after the jump (since I recently figured out how to put in a jump - yay!)


I emailed the general festival questions account but nothing there (I got an email back today actually!)

Greg stopped by the North Street Church where you could pay your $15 and your name would go on the guest list. When Greg told me we were on the guest list I was super impressed with his chatting up skills...I late found out that he paid to get our names on there. Not as suave, but it got us in!
The venue was great, it was the first time I've been to a show at the church but I had been there for Crafters Markets in the past so I had an idea of what to expect. At times it felt like an awkward Junior High dance where people are peppered amongst the wooden floor, others sitting on a short step that goes 3/4 around the room. At other times it felt like a proper show you'd see at a bar, other times still I felt like I was listening to a book reading since everyone was sitting down, being polite and listening with their ears wide open. And last but not least, it felt like I was witnessing a nervous breakdown of a mother in front of her three children and 150 perfect strangers. 

In addition to the music, people were selling treats, coffee, stuffed monsters and festival swag. The room was pretty dark, so photo taking without a giant flash (as I was accosted by several times by a snap happy photographer during Julie Doiron's set) made for sub-par pictures. But I did my best to try and capture a few of the acts:

 The Lodge:




Jon McKiel

Julie Doiron


No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.