06 May 2010

St. Thomas, An In Person Visit

Since I'm currently staying at UNB for a conference I thought it a great time to visit STU and where I'll be spending 11 months starting in September. Armed with my trusty camera I documented some finds. It's a shame the photos I posted initially were my first impression of the campus, it's much nicer in person.


St. Thomas, Canadian and New Brunswick flags:



I think this is called the lower courtyard, I was chatting with a woman in the admissions office and I think that's what she said:
 

A great study hall building - there is much more to it but I have a feeling it will be the study hall building to me:
 

It has a nice courtyard in itself and one wall is pretty 'wood' and the others are glass:


The study hall, check out those LAMPS! There are also a ton of windows around the room, hopefully to prevent sleepy students?


Nerdy self shot, I was trying to take a photo of the courtyard below, but I got distracted by my awesomeness:
 

The Education Building, check this it's called Brian Mulroney Hall and it's where I'm going to have all of my classes - really? This is where I chatted with the so called "go-to Education program" person, Debbie? Debra? Anyway, she wasn't overly cheerful and was pretty surprised that someone was there asking about the program - I got some useful information from her but not a good vibe.Maybe it has something to do with he name of the building?



I also checked out the UNB library since STU doesn't have it's own as well at the Student Union Building. The ladies at the library circulation desk were super helpful, that's a good sign, right?

1 comment:

  1. I told you that study hall was sweet. It reminds of some cliched movie set on some uppity college campus, yet STU is really none of these things. Also it has not too bad of a view down the hill.

    ReplyDelete








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.