23 May 2010

Blue Nose - A Photo Journey!

I picked up my kit on Friday, along with the rest of participants it seems. The place was crazy busy, but things flowed efficiently. I was impressed:

My bib (with my NAME on it!!) and the chip that times my race on my shoe, oh technology!

The schedule, we were set to run at 9:25AM!

Pre-race, not gross and sweaty yet, just super reflective it seems:

Post run; way sweatier, sore and medal wearing!

Lots of people milling about after the run, filling up on snacks and emptying their bladders. Oh and an Crosby fan:

An oh-so flattering photo of me and my medal:

So there it is, my second Blue Nose Marathon is complete. Not with a great time, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 10 seconds, but that's what happens with you have to make not ONE, but TWO stops at the bathroom in Point Pleasant Park. Ugh, stupid sun + running combination!

I missed my running buddy, Allison, but having done the run alone is a good feeling. I high-fived lots of people on the way, was cheered on my a few people I know and made some running friends ... or rather competition over the 21.1km. 

Now I can stop the ridiculously long run, stick to ones that go less than an hour and hopefully my toes will go back to normal eventually. So far I have all 10 toe nails, unlike this time last year after my first half marathon!!

1 comment:

  1. Ali, I am so proud of you!! Well done both you and Greg. Was thinking of you a ton the other day and sending lots of good vibes. Don't worry about your time, it is still a great effort. Looks like it was sunny too! Yay! xoxoxoxoxx

    ReplyDelete








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.