30 May 2010

DIY Weekend Project

I found a far from gently used, as people like to call junk these days, table in the basement of my building one day last week when getting my bike. 

It turns out that although I have a very cute table and two chair set for my deck it doesn't hold the amount of food that Greg and I seem to make. So the idea of having an extra table on my deck is perfect. We used my night table the last time we needed more space - it was the night before the Blue Nose so maximum consumption was required. 

So taking a page out of my father's book I saved the table from it's impending doom and took it to my parents house to sand and clean off the mold that was hanging on (gross, I know) and to slap a few coats of paint onto it. 

I forgot to take a proper before photo. But this is before I painted it, I've sanded the mold off using a palm sander and went over it with bleach and water:


It still looks like it's moldy, but it's just sadly stained by the previous owners neglect, shame shame. 

My mom (who apparently reads my blog - HI MOM!) took a photo of me giving the table one of it's many coats of white paint. I just used whatever my dad had in the basement since it seems silly to spend money on paint for a free table...particularly when I had a can for the taking in the basement:


I left the table in Sackville since I didn't have the time to finish it yesterday, but I will eventually have a finished product to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment








A space to better document my days and finds with visual aids and clickable links.